Lets not kid ourselves, The primary goal of this game against the Pistons ( as it should have been ) was to get guys some rest and most importantly to not get anybody hurt. Even though rookie Derrick Brown looked like he was purposely attempting dislocate his spinal column performing a Travolta-esque dance move ( see the 12 second mark of the video ), the Bobcats managed to get out of this game healthy and with a win.
Raymond Felton sat out tonight with flu-like symptoms. DJ Augustin filled in nicely with 13 points, 9 assists and 2 steals, and get this 1 blocked shot. Larry Hughes took advantage of the extra minutes that usually would have gone to Jackson to produce 18 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals on 6-10 from the field and 4-6 from three point range. As has been the case recently, the Bobcats gave up another sizeable lead in the 4th quarter but managed to hang on to get the win keeping alive the mathematical possibility that they could slide up into the 6th seed if they can win their last 3 games and the Miami Heat go no better than 1-2. Stranger things have happened.
- DJ Augustin was solid in the starting role even hitting the go ahead jumper in the final minute of the 4th.
- Larry Hughes had a good shooting game. I’d rather see Graham get those minutes, but if LB is more comfortable with Hughes then ILBIT.
- Crash and Jax got some rest. Crash played 33 minutes and Jax only had 27
- Did I mention that Pee-Wee Herman dance move that Derrick Brown tried to execute?
- The Pistons. It’s sad to see an organization that was so dominant in the East for so long drop as far as they have.