Again, close but no cigar. Bobcats fell short against Raymond Felton and the New York Knicks. Led by Felton with 23 points and 13 assists, along with Wilson Chandler who had 21 points and 8 boards, and Amare Stoudamire who had 20 points and 6 blocks. The key stat was the Knicks shooting 48% from 3, 12-25 from down town.
Bobcats were led by a massive game from Tyrus Thomas with 26 points, 11 rebounds of which 7 were offensive, and 4 blocks. Along with him Captain Jack contributed with 18 points and 4 steals, and DJ with 14 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists. The Bobcats came out of the gates solidly, although giving Stoudamire the first 8 points. However, like most of our losses the 3rd quarter was our let down.
Outscored 30-23 and a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter, the Bobcats took the lead from an AND-1 play from Tyrus. However, successive misses cost the Bobcats the loss, and although it was again a spirited fight back, the Bobcats fell away at home to go 0 – 2 against the Knicks.
- Tyrus Thomas
- DJ Augustin running the offense, 7 assists and 0 turnovers
- Held Landry Fields to 8 points
- Lack of Production from Crash
- 14 turnovers, still too high
- Low production from the bench
- Defense giving up 48 FG% from downtown
- A loss
- 3rd Quarter
- Offense unable to execute at key stages of the game.