That was painful.
In the first half of game 2 the Bobcats managed to put up 30 points… Not the first quarter, The first HALF. In order to beat the Orlando Magic, they are going to have to find some way to get some shots to fall. Other than Captain Jack who gave the Cats 27 points, there wasn’t anyone else that was consistently putting the ball in the basket.
Tyson Chandler via the Charlotte Observer
“Our defense is keeping us in it, and our offense is keeping us out of the game,” said center Tyson Chandler. “We can’t come off what we do and just look for our jump shots. We’re not a jump-shot team and not a 1-on-1 team.
“We’re trying to do it individually, and we can’t.”
Hopefully some game 3 home cooking and the friendlier rims at Bobcats Arena can get the Cats back int this series.
A few thoughts
- Raymond Felton sat just about the entire 4th quarter in favor of DJ Augustin. Was LB unhappy with Ray’s play?
- After a quiet first half ( 1 point), Crash picked it up in the second half to finish up with 15 points.
- For a guy with a gimpy knee, that was a pretty fierce tomahawk that Jax threw down in the 4th
- Nazr was solid in limited minutes with 10 points on 5/6 shooting. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got some of Ratliff’s minutes in game 3.
- Our reserve wings (Larry Hughes and Stevie Graham) were a disappointing 0-6 combined from the field.
A much more extended recap is coming soon.