That may not be the most accurate description, but that is exactly how Deron Williams’ floater felt to me when he drained it with 0.8 seconds left on the clock
Did you guys get that same sick pain too?
There was plenty of pain to go around. Via Rick Bonnell at the Charlotte Observer these are how some of the players felt about this loss.
The Jazz took its first lead with just 2 ½ minutes left on a three-point play by Jefferson. Center Nazr Mohammed fouled Jefferson on that possession, and though Mohammed was marvelous Saturday (22 points and 20 rebounds), he ripped himself fiercely for giving up that foul.
“I made a DUMB foul,” Mohammed said. “That’s one point extra. Take that away, and it’s a tie game.’
If you’re a masochist and you feel the need to pour more salt on the open wound, listen to Deron Williams discuss last night’s game and of course his winning shot
There some positives that came out of this painful defeat.
- DJ Augustin was solid with another double figure assist night (10) against only 2 turnovers
- Nazr was huge with a 20/20 game. It’s too bad Kevin Love lost his mind and went 30/30 a night earlier, otherwise this would have got more attention
- The Bobcats held their own in this game even though they were without 2 significant rotation players Tyrus Thomas (death in the family) and Gerald Henderson (knee).
But we can’t ignore the negatives.
- Jax took 13 threes??? Really?
- Boris Diaw got 2 rebounds in 33 minutes. Not exactly what you’re looking for out of your PF position
Up next, the Minnesota Timberwolves. Can the Bobcats get it done on Monday night?