Cap Relief 1 – Dreams of spinning DUST into a contributing member of next season’s roster 0.
Erick Dampier’s 60 day stay with the Charlotte Bobcats has come to an end. There were ton’s of hopes and dreams of turning the legendary DUST chip into something big *cough* Melo *cough* but in the end there were no deals that could be worked out. I have trust in the front office that they are doing what is best for the team’s long term interests, but just looking at this as a fan, we have some large holes at the point guard and center spots that are going to need to be addressed prior to this season to make the fanbase feel warm and cozy.We hoped that the DUST would address at least 1 of those 2 positions, but No Dice.
At the PG spot, The large hole could become a gaping hole if any combination of these things happen:
- We get sophomore DJ instead of rookie DJ
- Shawn Livingston’s knee doesn’t hold up
- Undrafted rookie point guard Sherron Collins plays like an undrafted rookie point guard.
Likewise, we have an uncomfortable situation at the center spot
- Not calling Nazr “old”, but at his advanced… “maturity” the Cats are going to be counting on him for heavy minutes. I hope his body holds up.
- Kwame Brown. 6 points, 6 rebounds per game if we are very lucky.
- Gana Diop. No comment necessary.
We’ll have more more detail on Dampier getting waived soon, but in the meantime feel free to be entertained by the laughing, crying, cursing and gnashing of teeth going on in our forum as a result of this.
What are your thoughts on the DUST waiver?