There has been some discussion recently in our forum about just how good this new and improved Miami Heat squad is going to be in this upcoming season. What I would like to do is put my predictions here on public record so that they can either be praised or ridiculed at the end of the season. Let me preface these predictions by saying that I am in no way a Lebron James fanboy, but this is just how I see it… Here goes.
- The Miami Heat will win 68+ games this season.
- Lebron James will come closer than anyone since Oscar Robertson to averaging a triple double. 25 points, 9 assists, 8.5 rebounds sounds about right.
- Lebron James wins his 3rd consecutive MVP
- The Heat lose only 1 game in their playoff run on their way to winning the championship
- Lebron James wins the finals MVP
After reading these predictions you must certainly think that I’m a closet Heat fan, but trust me that certainly is not the case. I just look at this lineup and don’t see how they can be stopped. Who are you going to put your 2nd best perimeter defender on James or Wade… Seriously? Are you going to attempt to guard Chris Bosh with single coverage… Really? If you do anything other than try to guard these guys straight up, you can count on Mike Miller (and now Eddie House) being wide open behind the stripe draining threes, Are you comfortable with that? I didn’t think so.
Well for better or for worse that’s how I see it. If you’d like to make a few predictions of your own, then comment below.